- Full-featured siren in a compact package
- Easy-to-operate and durable switching
- Built-in noise-canceling microphone
- Illuminated non-glare control panel
- 100- or 200-watt models available
- External PA Gain control
- Easily accessible fuse protection
- Effective TAP II intersection clearing
- Priority in place of hi-lo tone available
- 12- or 24-Volt versions available
- Three-year warranty
Meets SAE J1849 requirements for sound output
Meets Class A (CAC)
Value and Unmatched Reliability
The PA300 siren delivers exceptional value and unmatched reliability. This siren can provide either 100- or 200-Watt output to meet or exceed SAE J1849 and Class A requirements for sound when paired with a Federal Signal high-power speaker.
A Wide Range of Features
A wide range of features comes standard with any PA300 police siren. Included are
(5) basic siren tones, TAP II (horn-ring transfer), PA, radio rebroadcast and air horn sound with siren override. TAP II allows for effective intersection traffic clearing capability without having to remove your hands from the steering wheel or your eyes from the road. There is also a “Press-and-Hold” function; depressing and holding the horn ring will produce an alternate sound for as long as the operator keeps the horn ring circuit depressed.
The PA volume level can be controlled with a rotary GAIN switch located on the unit’s backlit front panel. Radio rebroadcast volume is adjustable via an easily accessible rotary pot. The PA300 siren also includes a permanent noise-canceling microphone that produces high-quality voice reproduction without feedback squeal, and the push-to-talk switch will override any siren tone for instant PA use.
The enclosed, fully-featured siren operates from any 12- or 24-volt negative ground vehicle electrical system. The PA300 can be powered directly by the car’s battery or through secondary power distribution centers. No matter how power is delivered, the PA300 siren is protected against most failure modes, including reversed polarity, by a readily available fuse and can be replaced without tools.
PA300 siren packages are built small and compact, and each unit comes supplied with its own “U” shaped mount bracket. There are no protruding components to interfere with mounting arrangements, and all electrical connections are easy “plug-and-play” types located on the rear of the siren’s housing.
An optional stainless steel bezel is available for flush mounting and a wide variety of switch controls that flush mount to the PA300 series siren are also available
690000 - Electronic siren, 12-volt, 100-watt, includes wired-in microphone, standard siren tones with air horn and radio rebroadcast
690002 - 690000 with Priority tone in place of Hi-Lo
690009 - Electronic siren, 24-volt, 200-watt version
690010 - 690000 Siren, 12-volt, 200-watt version
|Audio Output power||100 W||200 W|
|Input Voltage||11/15 Vdc||11/15 Vdc (690010)
24/28 Vdc (690009)
|Nominal Output Voltage||64 V peak-to-peak|
|Standby Current||60 mA||120 mA|
|Input Current, Operating||10 A max||10 A max (690010)
5 A max (690009)
|Operating Temp.||-22˚ to +149˚ F (-30˚ to + 65˚ C)|
|Polarity||Negative ground only|
|Frequency Range||725 to 1800 Hz|
|Length||8.5 in (21.6 cm)|
|Width||6.5 in (16.5 cm)|
|Height||2.5 in (6.4 cm)|
|6.5 lb (3.0 kg)|